Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Computer Technician, 1st Shift, at our Russellville, KY manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for maintaining the network and data processing systems.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate daily with PC users and Corporate IT support staff to troubleshoot, problem solve and provide support/instruction at the plant level.
Additional responsibilities of the Computer Technician may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Install hardware and software along with updates; perform routine backups and maintenance
- Provide support for all computer users - technical, hardware, and application software
- Track and resolve user and/or network problems
- Train users in new systems and operations
- Evaluate the organization's technology use and needs, make recommendations for improvements
- Assist electronic technicians with trouble shooting and projects
Skills and Requirements
- Associates degree or equivalent experience, preferred
- Knowledge of networks, hardware and software
- 1-3 years experience
- Knowledgeable in networking fundamentals
- Strong communication/verbal skills
- Must be available for after hours calls as needed
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50 lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time; wiling to use genie boom and scissor lifts with proper PPE
- Knowledge of SAP (preferred but not required)
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristics.
Job Status: Full Time