Clerk (Traffic) 1st Shift
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a 1st shift Traffic Clerk in our Transportation Department at our Tupelo, Mississippi foam manufacturing plant. Reporting to the Traffic Manager, this entry-level position is responsible for performing administrative tasks in the Traffic Office as well as coordinating the scheduling of customer deliveries and routing of truck drivers.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence.
Additional Responsibilities of the Traffic Clerk:
- Must communicate and interface on a daily basis with company drivers, customer services and plant management.
- Handle numerous incoming calls from various departments, drivers, vendors and carriers.
- Dispatch drivers to smoothly and efficiently deliver goods to customers in a timely manner.
- Responsible for tracking truck driver hours to comply with DOT regulations.
- Maintain accurate records of driver's hours and fuel usage.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree
- 1+ years of dispatch or related experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- General knowledge of trucking operations and driver related DOT regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit-sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
No phone calls or agencies please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time