Clerk/Inventory Control/Forklift Operator-3rd
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Clerk/Inventory Control/Forklift Operator on 3rd shift in our Bedding Department at our Temple, Texas manufacturing plant. This position is responsible to properly label all stock packages for that day's shipments, pull labeled material and move to the shipping docks, and help the production lines pull stock material. This position will also be responsible do perform daily inventory counts to help production plan their day.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate and coordinate with shipping management, plant management, and customer service on a daily basis. This position will also involve moving material which will require the safe operation of a forklift.
Additional responsibilities of the Clerk/Inventory Control/Forklift Operator will include:
- Responsible for labeling all packages in Bedding area.
- Pull material to Bedding area from production area
- Take labeled material to bedding docks for shipping.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written
- Recharge forklift when batteries are low.
- Must understand and follow the Carpenter Company safe stacking policy and procedures.
- Must maintain acceptable attendance and punctuality.
- Maintain a neat, safe, and orderly work area.
- Other duties that may be given to this operator.
- Read and interpret a basic tape measure on a daily basis.
- Inventory control in the Bedding area.
- Pick up trash and discarded product.
- May require long hours each day to get all orders completed.
- Lifting heavy packages.
- Driving forklift.
- Labeling packages.
- Repackaging material.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree.
- Must be able to obtain a company forklift license
- Must be able to work flexible hours, overtime, and weekends
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Inventory Control experience preferred
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time