Clerk, Branch Office - Denver CO
Clerk. Branch Office - Denver CO
Carpenter Co. has a great Office Clerk opportunity available at our Denver Co manufacturing branch. Reporting to the Office Coordinator, this entry-level position answers the switchboard, take messages, greets visitors, and controls the flow of traffic into the building using proper procedure and security regulations.
This position has constant contact with internal and external customers and visitors. Must have the ability to handle a fast-paced work environment and have the ability to be focused and maintain composure. Must exhibit patience, stay calm under pressure and have good interpersonal skills. Works in a normal office environment
Essential Functions of the Clerk:
Performs the primary function of maintaining and answering all incoming calls.
- Provides information to callers based on company policy and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Responsible for taking and relaying messages to all the Branch Personnel.
- Greets lobby visitors, signs them in and if admitted provides the visitor with the proper identification badge and safety equipment.
- Handles miscellaneous entering, scanning, and filing of customer orders, purchase orders and office, janitorial, and product inventory items.
- Prepares outgoing mail to outside sources.
- Sorts, distributes and process all mail coming into the Branch.
- Performs audit functions as directed.
- Makes copies of material in a timely manner as defined by office procedures.
- Keeps all files updated and maintained.
- Other duties as assigned by Office Coordinator.
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience as an Office Clerk or similar
- Must have good communication, telephone and customer service skills.
- Must have basic computer skills and be able to meet the minimum competencies of the job description.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time