Class A CDL Truck Driver
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Class A CDL Truck Driver at our Lakeland, FL manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for operating and maintaining a company vehicle to deliver finished products to external customers safely and on time. Ideal candidate must be able to communicate on a daily basis with multiple levels of company personnel and most importantly with external customers. and work in the setting of a company truck with exposure to weather conditions and various customer locations. Major challenges involve the on time delivery of products to customers while complying with various state and Federal laws and regulations, such as DOT regulations, etc. This position will also require our driver to be responsible for filling in as yardman on 1st and 2nd shifts when necessary, as well as the normal driving duties.
Carpenter offers a competitive benefit package as follows:
- Medical, dental, and vision.
- Employee Savings & investment Plan - 401k
- Profit Sharing Plan
Skills / Requirements
- Must have a Class A CDL.
- Must have an acceptable driving record.
- Must adhere to all DOT Regulations and practice safe driving techniques.
- Must maintain accurate paperwork and electronic DOT logs.
- Must unload finished product at each destination as required.
- Must be able to lift foam weighing 50 to 90 lbs. each.
- Must follow all Carpenter Co. rules to include safety regulations, attendance and personal conduct.
- Must be able to read and interpret a measuring tape.
- Must be proficient in reading, writing, and math skills.
- Ottawa and trailer movement experience.
- Yard jokey experience a must.
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic
Job Status: Full Time