Class A CDL Local Driver
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Class A CDL Local Driver/Yard Jockey at our Richmond, VA manufacturing plant.
The successful candidate will be required to move trailers into and out of loading docks as necessary to expedite the loading of goods to be shipped. Local delivery trips are part of the scope of this position. Note that local delivery as defined by DOT is anything within a radius of 100 air miles and the driver must return to the home base. Estimated work mix is 50% yard work, 50% local delivery. Additional Responsibilities:
- Receive and understand instructions from Dispatcher, Traffic Manager, and external customers.
- Maintain a positive relationship with all customers.
- Ability to communicate and relay information to others.
- Possess and maintain a clean MVR within Company's guidelines.
- Transport and deliver materials and services per customer requirements.
- Know, understand, and strictly adhere to all State and Federal DOT rules and regulations governing the operation of tractor trailers and transportation of Company products and materials.
- Report conditions that may affect the operations of the trucks and trailers.
- Maintain accurate DOT Logs, using electronic logging.
- Deliver product as scheduled.
- Assist in loading and unloading.
- Lifting more than 75 lbs.
- Required to perform checks to equipment and/or vehicle used at start, during, and end of use.
- Fueling and checking of equipment's fluid levels required of unit, or units used.
- Must maintain highest respect of the customer and meeting their needs.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Minimum 1 year of CDL experience
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time