Class A CDL Hourly Driver
Do you want to be part of a team that aspires to improve the quality of life for others? Are you interested in efficient manufacturing processes that promote sustainability? Do you feel a sense of accomplishment in a job well done? At Carpenter Co., we challenge our employees to learn from and inspire one another – all levels of the company collaborate, communicate and constantly improve to achieve shared success. If that sounds like an environment in which you will thrive, Carpenter Co. could be a great fit for you!
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a CDL Hourly Driver on 1st Shift in our High Point, NC manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for delivering finished products to customers at various locations.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate on a daily basis with multiple levels of Company personnel and most importantly with external customers. Perform work in the setting of a Company truck with exposure to weather conditions and various customer locations. Major challenges involve the on-time delivery of products to customers while complying with various State and Federal laws and regulations, such as DOT regulations, etc. Local driving only, no overnight trips.
Your additional responsibilities as a Driver will include:
- Receive and understand instructions from Dispatcher, Traffic Manager, and external customers.
- Maintain a positive relationship with all customers.
- Ability to communicate and relay information to others.
- Possess and maintain a clean MVR within Company's guidelines.
- Properly follow administrative procedures regarding billing and manifest paperwork.
- Transport and deliver materials and services per customer requirements.
- Know, understand, and strictly adhere to all State and Federal DOT rules and regulations governing the operation of tractor trailers and transportation of Company products and materials.
- Report conditions that may affect the operations of the trucks and trailers.
- Maintain accurate DOT Logs.
- Deliver product as scheduled.
- In compliance with DOT, both Federal and State, and adhering to all rules and regulations thereof.
- Assist in loading and unloading.
- Lifting more than 75 lbs.
- Must be able to load and unload hydraulic squeeze trailers.
- Required to perform checks to equipment and/or vehicle used at start, during, and end of use.
- Fueling and checking of equipment's fluid levels required of unit, or units used.
- Note any errors or customer concerns to Company management as soon as practical.
- Must maintain highest respect of the customer and meeting their needs.
Skills and Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years driving experience and product delivery required to perform the job. Specific on the job training is provided.
- Must have and maintain a valid Class A CDL driver's license.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations (preferred)
- Electronic logging experience (preferred)
- Must have tested on a manual transmission or ability to do so.
- Previous employment checks must be acceptable.
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays, and call-in with little notice.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
Pay Rate: $21.52 to $22.30/hour
Shift Schedule: Monday - Thursday 6:00AM to 4:30PM. Schedule may vary.
$2,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Pay: $21.52 to $22.30/hour
Job Status: Full Time