Chop Saw Operator (3rd shift - Conover, NC)
Carpenter Co. is known far and wide as one of the most successful and innovative companies in the world. Since our founding in 1948, we have developed a corporate culture that has helped revolutionize the comfort cushioning industry. Today, with about 5,000 employees, 18 product divisions, 46 global divisions and $1.7 billion in sales, we manufacture more comfort cushioning products than any other company.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost/high benefit health insurance, dental, vision, life, disability, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), profit sharing, education assistance, and paid time off. We offer long-term opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment.
Chop Saw Operator - 3rd Shift (Sunday - Thursday, 10:00p - 6:00a)
Under the direction of the shift supervisor, this position is responsible for operating the chop saw cutting buns to required specs.
This position requires the following minimum qualifications:
- Must work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and written with the department and supervisor.
- Must maintain value of order.
- Operate a crane to pull slabs and put them on a conveyor.
- Operate baler to bale foam.
- Ability to read tape measure and order schedule.
- Able to transport finished product to the stock area.
- Must be able to maintain inventory without damaging the buns.
- Ability to communicate with management and inventory clerk on inventory discrepancies, damages, and substitutions.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree Preferred.
- Six to 12 months of manufacturing forklift experience
- Must be able to use computerized equipment in day to day operations and have computer knowledge.
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Drug testing required.
Pay: $17.30 to $18.56/hour
Carpenter Co. also offers a .75/hour shift differential for all hours worked on 3rd shift. There is also bonus pay in the amount of $60.00 for working 40 or more hours in the pay period.
Job Status: Full Time