Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Pourline Operator in our Pourline on 1st shift [typically 6am - 2pm] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for monitoring before, during and after the process of combining chemicals to produce foam for internal and external customers. Pay rate for this position starts at $21.00 to $23.00 per hour. The pay rate increases up to $24.60 per hour after being cross-trained within the department.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain daily communication with all employees on the Pourline, the supervisor, manager and technical manager during the pouring process. This position works in a chemical environment with exposure to chemicals and temperature changes.
Additional Responsibilities of the Pourline Operator:
- Checks compressed air and chemical temperatures prior to daily pouring line operations.
- Checks to make sure all pumps are running, chemicals are flowing, and all drives are in good working order.
- Calibrates all chemicals prior tp the pouring process on a regular scheduled basis.
- Monitors all tanks to be used in the daily pouring process to make sure they are open at sufficient levels to accommodate the daily pouring process.
- During the pouring process, changes chemical flow rates and adjusts the recipe as necessary to achieve a quality pour.
- Monitors all the plastic during the pouring process.
- Records all pressure and pump rates and enters these readings into the pouring log during the pouring process.
- Enters the chemical lot numbers into the pouring log at the end of the pouring process.
- Checks all chemical disconnects to make sure they are off at the end of the pouring process
- Will also train to be back up for all other Pourline positions including railcar, unloading, flat topping and running the PLC.
- Wears all required PPE to protect from chemical exposure.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree preferred.
- 3 months of chemical experience preferred.
- One year of machine operating experience preferred.
- Must be able to use computerized equipment in day to day operations and have computer knowledge.
- Will provide on the job training
- Must be able to pass a pulmonary test on an annual basis.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Shift Hours: 6am - 2pm plus occasional overtime
Pay: $21 to $23/hour
Additional pay once cross trained up to $24.60 per hour. Weekly Attendance Bonus!
Job Status: Full Time