Checker/Loader Forklift Operator
Checker/Loader Forklift Operator - Loading Docks - Temple, TX - 3rd Shift Start time 7:00pm with overtime as needed to complete the work for the day.
Carpenter Company has immediate openings for Checker/Loader Forklift Operator at their Temple, TX manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for safely and efficiently unloading/loading trucks; performing final quality checks on finished products and loading on trailer per customer requirements.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate with management, excel in customer service skills, and work well independently. This position will ensure the proper loading of material on trucks to maximize usage of space; thus, requiring the safe operation of a forklift.
Additional responsibilities of the Check/Loader Operator:
- Load trucks in proper sequence
- Check loading tickets
- Use forklift to load trailers as needed
- Record and track information in inventory control system
- Verify trucks have been loaded properly
- Move stock in loading are as necessary
- Inspect trailers for damage
- Forklift certified - will be certified by Carpenter Co.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Skills / Requirements
- A high school diploma or GED
- Prior experience in shipping and/or receiving
- Prior experience in a production or manufacturing environment
- Prior forklift experience, preferred
- Must be detail-oriented
- Must take initiative and be a self-starter
Pay: $14 to $15/hour
Job Status: Full Time