Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Chargeback Specialist at our corporate office in Richmond, VA. This position is a part of our Corporate Credit team and is responsible for performing a variety of complex customer dispute resolution functions to assist the North American Carpenter locations in resolving credit disputes. Additionally, the Chargeback Specialist will initiate credit memo request forms where the customer position has been proven correct and ensures that proper supporting documentation is provided for chargebacks that are deemed collectable.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to perform customer service, credit and clerical tasks related to the Credit and Chargeback team.
- Identifies and investigates chargebacks to determine appropriate resolution or disposition.
- Research and analyze remittance advices to determine nature of dispute creating chargeback.
- Reconcile and apply credit memos to chargebacks as appropriate and relevant.
- Inquires by telephone and in writing to customers, salesmen and/or North American Carpenter locations to resolve chargeback issues.
- Contacts customers to arrange for the payment of collectable chargebacks. As necessary, elevates the customer contact to a decision maker and documents the status of collection efforts.
- Responds to requests from customer, salesmen and/or North American Carpenter locations to assist in resolution of chargebacks.
- Interacts with North American Carpenter locations regarding billing and documentation policies, procedures, and pricing to resolve causes of chargebacks.
- Prepares credit memo request forms as appropriate.
- Serves as key contact with other department representatives to resolve chargeback issues.
- Collects and summarizes data for preparation of reports.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years of commercial credit and collections experience required
- Professional written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with MS Word and Excel
- Strong negotiating experience is preferred
Job Status: Full Time