CDL Class A Truck Driver Spotter/Local - Sign on Bonus $3,000
Spotter/ Local Driver
Sign on Bonus for experienced Drivers - $3,000.
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Spotter/Local Driver on 2nd shift at our Elkhart, IN manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for the timely movement of trailers to and from specific loading docks for the loading of finished products for delivery to external customers and the staging of loaded trailers in specific locations for over the road drivers to hook up to for delivery to external customer.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to Daily communication with security guards, Production Plant Management and personnel, and over the road Drivers to make sure the proper loads of customer orders are pilled by the proper driver and delivered to the correct external customer. Works in a normal traffic department environment with exposure to temperature changes. Major challenges involve the safe operation of the equipment and the ability to back trailers into defined confined areas.
Additional responsibilities of this position will include:
- Must perform pre-trip checks on trailers to make sure the trailers are in compliance with Department of Transportation Requirements and Carpenter Company Standards.
- Must report all damage and unsafe conditions to management prior to trailers being released for shipment.
- Coordinates the movement of trailers with Dock Supervisors, Guards, and Drivers.
- Must safely move trailers as requested.
- Assist with work on the loading docks as requested.
- Assists the Garage personnel and drivers with fueling and cleaning equipment.
- Must know all the safety rules and regulations, attendance and conduct rules.
- Is responsible for the maintaining of cleanliness around the loading/docking area.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Skills / Requirements
Job Requirements :
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree Preferred.
- Must have a valid Class A CDL and six months to one year of driving experience, including driving a yard trailer and experience backing up a trailer
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical examination
- Must be able to pass a DOT drug test
- Must be able to work flexible hours, overtime, holidays, weekend, and call-in with little notice.
Job Status: Full Time