Carpet Cushion Checker/Loader 1st Shift, Riverside CA
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a 1st Shift Checker/Loader in our Carpet Cushion Department at our Riverside, CA manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for the efficient and accurate flow of material into trailers. Safety rules and regulation must be followed at all times.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that material is properly loaded on truck to maximize usage of space. Works in a normal manufacturing environment.
Additional responsibilities of Checker/Loader will include:
- Load trucks in proper sequence
- Check loading tickets
- Lockout trailers before loading and unlock once loading is complete
- Use forklift to load trailers as needed
- Record and track information in inventory control system
- Verify trucks have been loaded properly
- Move stock in loading area as necessary
- Inspect trailers for damage
- Run manifest and bills of lading
- Handle rolls of carpet cushion up to 75 lbs
- Lock out and chock wheels
- Use computers to scan rolls
Skills and Requirements
- Must have basic computer experience and basic knowledge of data entry.
- Must have basic reading, writing and math skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret a tape measure.
- Forklift experience a plus.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and overtime.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time