CAD Operator/Office/Clerical (Furniture & Bedding)
Responsible for initial entry and maintenance of all contour cutting operations as it pertains to programming of machines and training of operators. Provide necessary information for the Pattern Costing Systems. Scan completed drawings into data base for use as paperless shop floor specs.
Frequent communication with various members of production crew, sales, and management. Constant communication with operators to verify production schedule. Works in an office environment as well as a normal production environment with exposure to temperature changes. Major challenge of the position involves accurately entering cutting patterns and insuring best material yield.
High School Diploma or GED
- Previous machine operation experience is required.
- Some computer experience needed.
- On the job training is provided.
- Must be able to read and interpret a tape measure.
- Strong math skills.
- Ability to grasp computer operations.
- Computer familiarity with CAD experiences a plus.
- Enter all parts into the CAD system for the contour cutters.
- Assign cutting definitions including start entry exit transition and lower cutting path.
- Maintain part entry accuracy.
- Assist in maintaining the pattern costing system.
- Add and update parts specifications change.
- Insure the latest product revisions are up to date and loaded on the appropriate cutting machine.
Job Status: Full Time