Do you want to be part of a team that aspires to improve the quality of life for others? Are you interested in efficient manufacturing processes that promote sustainability? Do you feel a sense of accomplishment in a job well done? At Carpenter Co., we challenge our employees to learn from and inspire one another – all levels of the company collaborate, communicate and constantly improve to achieve shared success. If that sounds like an environment in which you will thrive, Carpenter Co. could be a great fit for you!
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Baumer (BVCC) Operator, 3rd Shift at our Hickory/Longview, NC manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for the operation of a contour cutter to ensure maximum usage of bun/sheet stock or rolled fiber material with minimal generation of trim.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. As the successful candidate, you will work in a normal production environment using highly technical computerized production equipment. Load and cut material in order to fill customer orders.
Your additional responsibilities as Baumer Operator will include:
- Coordinate with supervisor/lead personnel the daily cutting sequence.
- Calculate maximum material utilization from foam pieces/rolled fiber to cut based on customer orders.
- Input cutting programs on BVCC machines and process cutting operations accordingly.
- Sort trim from finished product after completion of the cutting process.
- Perform quality control inspection of finished product for accuracy.
- Communicate needs to saw and index operators.
- Clean and perform preventative maintenance inspection of the machine daily.
- Report product deficiencies or equipment malfunctions to the proper supervisor or manager immediately.
- Assist in training new employees.
- Cross-train to operate other cutting equipment as needed.
Skills and Requirements
- High school diploma or GED preferred. Work history or special skills may be substituted for a educational requirement.
- Three (3) to six (6) months of machine operation experience
- Basic reading, writing, math and computer skills.
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays with little notice.
- Shift Hours: Sunday through Thursday 8:30p - 5:00a, Schedules may vary in length.
- On the job training is provided.
Pay rate: $20.01 to $20.67
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Pay: $20.01 to $20.67/hour
Carpenter Co. also offers a 1.00/hour shift differential for all hours worked on 3rd shift.
Job Status: Full Time