Bedding Operator 2nd Shift
Carpenter Co. has immediate openings for production operators in the Bedding department on 2nd shift at our Fogelsville, Pa manufacturing plant. The Bedding Operator will perform all functions associated with the production of finished products.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to perform all functions within a normal production environment with interaction and communication with fellow employees, operator/lead person and area supervisor. This position may also involve performing other positions within department.
Additional responsibilities of the Bedding Operator:
- Operate all laminated mattress equipment
- Document all necessary lot numbers on route slips
- Post daily schedule
- Assist in the assembly of the laminated mattresses
- Understand how to read and interpret a tape measure
- Read and understand tasking labels and block tags
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Navigate through and understand production schedules
- Communicate with material handler for needed blocks
- Have knowledge of all foam types and bed builds
- Run the baler and wire bales
- Pull stock from “super market” to meet schedules
- Bale all top and bottom skins from blocks
- Use RF scanners to scan material for consumption
- Other duties as assigned
Skills / Requirements
- Previous machine operation experience is required to perform the job
- Computer experience needed
- Must be able to read and interpret a tape measure
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and forklift experience a plus
- Must be able to stand/walk 10-12 hours.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time