Bedding Manager – day shift
Carpenter Co has an immediate opening for a Bedding Manager at our Riverside, CA manufacturing plant reporting to the Plant Manager. This position is responsible for managing the direct operations of the Bedding Department in an efficient, safe and quality-focused manner. The Bedding Manager will have daily communication with employees in the plant, department supervisors, other department managers, and plant management. This position works in a normal manufacturing environment with constant exposure to temperature changes and different noise levels. Major challenges involve directing a department over multiple shifts ensuring that product is manufactured safely, on-time, and meeting quality standards.
- Manage all of the department personnel and assets and generate a profit.
- Identify and develop capable people with the talent to contribute to the company.
- Manage and maintain a safe operation as per all company standards and guidelines.
- Establish and maintain a level of quality consistent with customer expectations using Kaizen continuous improvement methods.
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
- Reviews production/operating reports, resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent delays.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Approve daily production schedules and plan future production requirements.
- Ensure the adherence to the daily agenda, monitor and adjust as require.
- Review and approve all department personnel time records on a weekly and/or bi-weekly basis.
- Ensure company policy is being communicated and adhered to.
Requirements and Experience
- Associate’s degree or higher;
- Must have 2+ years of prior management experience, with multiple direct reports, within a manufacturing or similar environment;
- Must have basic computer knowledge;
- Must be able to work flexible hours, overtime, holidays, weekends when needed.
No phone calls or agencies, please
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time