Bedding Department Manager
Bedding Department Manager
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a 1st Shift Bedding Department Manager at our Tupelo, MS manufacturing plant. This position is responsible to plan, direct and oversee the operations and fiscal health for the production of a variety of quality products for internal and external customers of the department.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The Bedding Manager will be expected to lead the people in the work group, and maintain work systems, procedures, safety compliance, and policies that enable and encourage optimum performance of people and resources. This position is responsible for all areas of the production lines, equipment and employees in a multi-shift operation. Directly supervises the manufacturing employees in the department, and has regular and daily communication with all department personnel, other department Managers, Plant Manager and Division Manager.
Additional responsibilities of the Department Manager will include:
- Manages the department personnel and assets to generate a profit for the company.
- Identifies, develops and trains the employees in the department to use their talents and abilities to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency.
- Manages and maintains a safe working environment as outlined by company standards, guidelines and government regulations. Makes sure that safety is a daily responsibility of both management and the employees they supervise.
- Establishes and maintains a level of quality consistent with the company’s standards and customer specifications using Kaizen continuous improvement methods.
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to make sure production standards and quality standards meets specifications.
- Develops and revises standard operational and work practices and monitors employees to ensure compliance and meeting standards and production goals: Approves daily production schedules and plans future production requirements; Makes sure that the daily production schedules and agenda is monitored and adjusted when required; Communicates the daily production result to the employees of the department to use to make necessary adjustments in the production goals.
- Reviews and approves department time records in the absence of production supervisors.
- Monitors the usage of raw materials and orders supplies as required.
- Works with the Division Accounting Department when inventory of the department is scheduled.
- Communicates with customers, other divisions, and corporate personnel when it is necessary.
- Makes sure that all company policies and regulations are communicated to all employees and that the policies and procedures are administered fairly and consistently.
Skills and Requirements
- 2+ years of Supervisory experience required to perform the job.
- Associates Degree in Business Management, Manufacturing, or Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate computer background (Microsoft Office skills), good communication skills, must be able to read a tape measure, and capable of being forklift certified.
- SAP experience is very helpful.
- Able to delegate duties and responsibilities effectively, as well as to monitor and direct several separate processes.
- Ability to function under pressure is essential.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
No phone calls or agencies please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Hours: 1st Shift (typically 6 AM to 3 PM) plus occasional overtime and Saturday work
Employment Type: Full-Time
Exemption: Salaried Exempt
Job Type: Management
Manages Others: Yes
Industry: Manufacturing, Foam Products
Required Travel: Minimal
Job Status: Full Time