Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for two Backfiller positions at our High Point , NC manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for filling pillow ticks (covers) with natural feather, down, or polyester fiber products, in accordance with customer order and specifications.
- Read, interpret, and understand tickets for customer orders.
- Hold tick (cover) over port to allow blowing of material into pillow ticks (covers); weigh each filled pillow on a scale to maintain quality standards based on customer order and specifications.
- Enclose cushion using enclosing (sewing) machine.
Skills and requirements:
- Major duties and responsibilities of the job can be satisfactorily performed with a high school education or GED
- Minimum 1 year prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristics.
Job Status: Full Time