Backfiller - Material Handler
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Backfiller / Material Handler at our Longview, NC manufacturing plant on 3rd shift. This position is responsible for filling pillow / cushion ticks (covers) with natural feather, down or polyester fiber products. Lifting on a repetitive basis is required with this position.
- Hold tick (cover) over the port to allow the blowing of filler material into the pillow / cushion ticks.
- Weigh each filled pillow / cover on a scale to maintain quality standards based on customer specifications.
- Move the filled ticks (covers) to the end closing area to enclose the openings.
- Learn how to enclose the pillows / cushions using the enclosing (sewing) machine.
Skills and requirements:
- Major duties and responsibilities of the job can be satisfactorily performed with a high school education or GED
- Minimum 1 year prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristics.
Job Status: Full Time