Associate Research Chemist
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for an Associate Research Chemist at our Reinhart Technical Center in Richmond, Virginia. The Associate Research Chemist will be a part of our Flexible Polyurethane Foam Development Group.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining best in class quality standards. The successful candidate is expected to support the development and technical support functions of the development group for flexible foam applications. This position requires demonstrating good laboratory practices including good recording of experiment work and project information tracking.
Additional responsibilities of the Associate Research Chemist:
- Provide new product development support for our downstream businesses
- Provide laboratory technical support for Carpenter manufacturing locations when needed
- Provide resources for new raw material approvals for our manufacturing locations
- Develop skills in flexible polyurethane applications
- Manage and execute lab projects
- Provide written and oral project updates on a frequent basis
- Assist in formulation commercialization and trial activities
Skills / Requirements
- B.S. in Chemistry with appropriate coursework or experience involving polymers
- MS in Chemistry or Materials Science, preferred
- 2+ years of technical experience in polymer or materials science discipline; classroom experience is OK
- Experience with urethane or urethane raw material chemistry preferred
- Mechanical aptitude and good verbal/written communication skills
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time