Assistant Human Resources Manager
Carpenter Co has an immediate opening for an Assistant HR Manager at our Riverside, CA manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for assisting with day-to-day operations and functions within the Human Resources department including interviewing, hiring, background checks, letters, on boarding, and record keeping. Additionally, the Assistant HR Manager will provide support for other HR areas such as unemployment compensation, employment verification, job descriptions, benefit questions and issues resolution, payroll, attendance and leave administration, and performance management.
- Placing job bid notices and position ads, and recruiting for all hourly positions. May also recruit for salary exempt and salary nonexempt positions.
- Administering drug screens, background check, planing and conducting new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- Keeping records of benefit plan participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions (PANs) for new hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Assisting management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Responding to employee inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Maintaining knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensuring policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Supports HR Department in all facets of human resources administration to include recruiting, on-boarding, training, benefits, payroll, leave administration and employee relations.
- Administering performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Administering benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, FMLA, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bilingual preferred (read, write, speak)
- 3+ years of prior Human Resource Generalist experience
- Prior experience in manufacturing preferred
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Working knowledge of California state and federal labor laws
- Customer service oriented with a team player attitude to help with additional duties within the company, as needed
- Well organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work appropriately
- SAP/Kronos experience a plus
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time