Assistant Accounts Payable Manager
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for an Assistant Accounts Payable Manager at our corporate office in Richmond, VA. This position is responsible for providing support and back up to the Accounts Payable Manager who oversees the centralized accounts payables operations for the company.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to perform accounting, clerical and supervisory tasks related to the efficient maintenance of the Accounts Payable team.
- Learn all aspects of the AP department including payment runs, 1099s and vendor setup
- Analyze GL coding and GRIR reports
- Answer questions from vendors and recommend solutions to problems ecountered
- GL reconciliations, check register reconciliations, wire process and payment/purchasing card reconciliations
- Act as Concur Administrator, including Concur reporting system and perform audit of submitted expenses to ensure they are in accordance with company policies
- Maintain vendor invoice files – enter paper or electronic invoices into SAP
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3 or more years’ of Accounts Payable or Accounting experience,
- Prior leadership experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and computer skills
- SAP experience preferred
- Concur expense reporting experience preferred
- Must be detail oriented and demonstrate accuracy in working with numbers and procedures
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of individuals, both inside and outside the organization, in a tactful and professional manner
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and build positive business relationships
- Highly self- motivated individual with a strong work ethic
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time