Assembly line worker
Carpenter Co. has an immediate openings for Assembly Line workers in the pillow department on 1st shift [6:15am - 10:15am] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. This position are responsible for operating assigned equipment per standards and/or coordinate line production to ensure all lines have what they need for orders to be produced in a timely manner with minimal downtime. The starting pay rates for these positions range from $17.83 to $19.15 per hour. The pay rates increase after 3 months and 6 months. There is also an additional weekly attendance bonus!
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to work within a normal production environment with interaction and communication with fellow employees, operator/lead person and area supervisor. This positions may also involve performing other positions in department on the line rotating within the department.
Additional Responsibilities of the Material Handler will include:
- Zip and bag pillows
- Fold and label boxes
- Run tape machine
- Stack finished goods boxes
- Place scrap foam pieces in the baler
- Perform quality checks on materials and finished goods
- Help with monthly inventory
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree Preferred.
- 1 year of manufacturing experience Preferred.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace
- Must be able to stand the full work shift (8 to 10 hours)
- Basic computer knowledge
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds without assistance
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must be able to read and interpret a tape measure, preferred
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
2nd Shift Hours: Typically 2:15PM-10:15PM, Monday - Friday
Pay: $17.93 to $19.14/hour
Weekly Attendance Bonus!
Job Status: Full Time