Carpenter Co. has an exciting career opportunity available for a Application Developer at our corporate office in Richmond, VA. This is a great opportunity to join a thriving organization committed to operational excellence that offers stability, excellent benefits and a place to learn and grow professionally.
The Application Developer will be responsible for using Microsoft and other programming tools to develop, enhance, and customize application programs. In addition, the Application Developer will communicate with customers, colleagues, company management, and employees to develop and customize business applications.
- Project development including planning, business analysis, design, coding, testing, training and implementation
- Develop test plans to assure expected performance quality levels
- Troubleshoot and debug production programs
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree Business or Information Technology
- 5+ years developing application programs using Microsoft VB.Net Framework
- 5+ years developing applications in a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years designing application systems to solve business problems
- 2+ years of database design
- Experience with:
- Office Automation for Excel
- Excel VBA and Excel Macros
- Relational design database
- T-SQL and SQL stored procedures
- Understanding of manufacturing shop floor applications
- Microsoft Word
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Understanding of computer communications including FTP and and network file sharing
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time