Accounts Payable Specialist
Carpenter Co. has an opening for an Accounts Payable Specialist at our corporate office in Richmond, VA. This position is responsible for supporting all accounts payable functions.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to participate in audits of scheduled check runs, review and process employee expenses and research and resolve vendor invoice inquiries.
Additional responsibilities of the Accounts Payable Specialist:
- Vendor set up and vendor maintenance for US and Canadian locations in SAP
- Compares W9 information with TINCHECK system to verify information is correct
- Files associated vendor correspondence and W9 forms and TINCHECK notification
- Completes credit applications and maintains letter of credit
- Liaison between corporate headquarters and branch locations to assist with vendor questions
- Respond to internal and external vendor questions/calls
- Assist in resolving vendor account discrepancies
- Assist with daily payment run audits, verify the information entered into SAP is correct before payment is issued
- Assists Department Manager in the 1099 mailing/filing process
- Special projects as needed
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of accounts payable experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
- Familiarity with SAP preferred, but not required
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time