Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounts Payable Clerk
Carpenter Co. has a great opportunity available for Accounts Payable Clerk at our Elkhart manufacturing branch. Reporting to the Division Accountant and working in tandem with a fellow A/P Clerk and Staff Accountant, this position is responsible for Accounts Payable processing and other accounting functions for the division. Major responsibilities will include communicating with our vendors, Corporate Accounting, Purchasing, and Department Managers to process payables with accuracy and timeliness.
- Voucher accounts payable documents, invoice, receivers, purchase order, tax exemption, and deduction letters.
- Key invoice using SAP software and global AS400 network.
- Maintain vendor records, terms, address, etc.
- Research discrepancies between invoices, receivers, and purchase orders.
- Answer vendor inquiries regarding payment status, tax status, etc.
- Reconciles all trim receipts and invoicing, including international vendors
- Contact internal purchasing agents and receiving personnel to resolve discrepancies in source document.
- Reviews and corrects user errors in SAP.
- 10 key touch, keyboarding, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, strong computer usage.
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of related accounts payable experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment dealing with business-to-business interactions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Windows.
- Proficiency in mathematics, particularly percentages, fractions and measurements.
- SAP experience a major plus.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment in proximity to co-workers and other office personnel.
- Great organization, planning, customer service, and people skills.
Hours: Typically 8 AM to 5 PM with a one-hour lunch break, plus occasional overtime as needed.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Job Status: Full Time