Carpenter Co. has an exciting career opportunity available for an Accountant at our corporate office in Richmond, VA. This is a great opportunity to join a thriving organization committed to operational excellence that offers stability, excellent benefits and a place to learn and grow professionally.
The Accountant, Product Line will be responsible for providing accounting support on a product line basis which includes corporate based cost creation and analysis, and financial analysis from the perspective of one product line.
- Prepare and maintain product costings for sales quotes, as well as production materials in the ERP systems for consumer products, laminated mattress operations and the bedding quoting system
- Develop and maintain Microsoft Excel templates for sales quote product costing
- Verify accuracy of department financial statements on a monthly basis
- Prepare journal entries as needed to support the product line
- Prepare margin projections on a weekly basis
- Prepare weekly and monthly analysis on the performance of various product lines.
- Prepare monthly P&L analysis for review by management
- Establish, maintain and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures under the direction of the Senior Cost Accountant
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of accounting or costing experience and knowledge of GAAP
- SAP experience preferred
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written
- Meet processing and reporting deadlines
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time