Account Manager, Surfactants
Carpenter Co. is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Surfactant Account Manager to expand our existing base of business. This is a great opportunity to join a thriving organization committed to operational excellence that offers stability, excellent benefits and a place to learn and grow professionally.
The Surfactant Account Manager is responsible in supporting the functions of the Surfactants Sales organization through sales and customer interactions to establish the goals and direction of the division. This includes strategic planning, market segments, customers, and applications.
- Plan, prepare and execute product development, marketing and branding strategies based on industry trends along with feedback from sales and customers to maximize revenue and profitability.
- Develop attractive and profitable pricing strategies to improve customer retention and add new business.
- Work with Corporate Design and R&D Groups on developing applicable marketing material.
- Monitor competitor technologies and activities in these fields and maintain a competitive database of products
- Identify market needs through customer interactions, industry events, and other industry sources
- Identify relevant trade shows and coordinate Carpenter’s participation in shows and major industry-related events
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation.
- Generating new business leads and maintains database on potential industry relevant customers
- Analyzing market trends and identifying new markets and creating a plan to enter the market
- Develop marketing strategies for new products
- Help to identify business opportunities and justify any CAPEX related to projects
- Position requires overnight travel 3 to 4 nights per month
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or other related major preferred)
- Five years’ experience in a commercial role within the surfactants or related chemical industries
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Proficiency in basic mathematics pertaining to finances, such as statistics, accounting, profit & loss required
- Ability to travel 3 to 4 nights per month
Excellent Comprehensive Benefit Plan
- We also have 401K, Profit Sharing and a great Benefit Package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and paid time off (Vacation and Holidays).
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.
Job Status: Full Time