Bilingual Account Manager, Furniture & Bedding
Carpenter Co. is seeking a bilingual Account Manager to help us grow our Furniture and Bedding division in the Southwest territory including Arizona, California, and Mexico. This is a great opportunity to join a thriving organization committed to operational excellence that offers stability, excellent benefits and a place to learn and grow professionally.
The Account Manager will build and maintain customer sales for furniture and bedding product accounts. Plan and implement sales by developing strategies, initiate innovation and communication while understanding the business model though planning and organizing. Thorough and effective communication with both Carpenter personnel and customer base must be maintained. Timely follow up and problem resolution for the company and its customers is required. Position requires effective time management and travel when necessary. This is a remote opportunity working from a home office.
- Know and understand Carpenter’s products and capabilities
- Service existing accounts and prospect and close new business accounts through organization and efficient planning
- Work with plant personnel, Technical Center, and management to develop solutions to customer issues
- Prepare weekly call reports and weekly sales reports
- Prepare monthly and annual territory analysis to be submitted to the Sales Manager in order to strategize and discuss business goals
- Ability to learn and utilize SAP
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communication or other related discipline
- Bilingual in Spanish and English, 100% fluent in verbal and written form, preferred
- 3+ years of proven business to business experience
- Bedding, Furniture, or foam knowledge preferred
- Experience in managing key accounts
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Retail and manufacturing experience is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Ability to travel 4 to 5 overnights per month
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.