Account Manager, Consumer
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for an Account Manager for the Company’s Consumer Products Division. This position will be located in the Central U.S. area and will cover a territory in the Central U.S./Mid-West. The Account Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining customer sales for consumer products accounts by planning and implementing sales strategies and initiating innovation.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to company growth through building and maintaining exceptional customer relationships.
Additional responsibilities of the Account Manager will include:
- Maintain, update and prioritize customer account list while also exploring new customer and new market opportunities; relationship selling at all levels
- Prepare/develop customer presentations
- Forecast, track, and analyze key account matrices
- Know and analyze competitive market place; store visits and competitive shopping
- Develop short and long term customer strategies based on the market information and assortment
- Review and disseminate information on customer requirement
- Review customer orders for accuracy and on-time shipping
- Communicate with customers daily/weekly
- Forecast monthly sales
- Develop products applicable to the market segment
- Request pricing and samples
- Analysis customer sales—retail and on-line
- Analysis customer sales and profitability—Carpenter
- Assist with resolving customer chargebacks
- Interface on customer credit issues
- Process weekly reports
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or other related discipline
- 2+ years of prior sales experience with some key account management experience
- Knowledge of retail industry and/or prior experience working with retail
- Strong negotiation, communication and critical thinking skills
- SAP experience
- Ability to travel overnight up to 50% to visit customers and attend trade shows
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.