Account Manager, Chemical Systems
Carpenter Co is adding an Account Manager to the Chemical Systems division to maintain and grow business within an assigned customer base and territory. The incumbent will collaborate with Peers, Technical teams, Customer Service and Corporate functions to ensure customer satisfaction at assigned accounts. This position requires a highly motivated self-starter to build and maintain strong relationships with prospective and existing customers in the territory while building profitable business for the Company.
Keys to success are effective time management, excellent interpersonal skills with above-average written and verbal communication, strong knowledge of urethane products, processes and manufacturing operations and well as a strong desire to succeed and the ability to work in a team environment.
This is remote/home office position.
- Responsible for generating new business by contacting prospects and qualifying accounts
- Develop sales forecast and new account integration plan
- Strategically and operationally develop action plans for development of new business including commercial/technical presentations, coordination of development and qualification projects with technical teams, assisting with coordination of production trials, generating detailed technical report and following up on sample evaluations and action items
- Price, terms and contract negotiation
- Trouble shooting on-site customer processing issues
- Evaluating system performance at the customer level
- Developing relationships at all levels within a Customers organization
- Assisting Carpenter plants / Customer service in managing operational supply issues and commercial details
- Corresponds with customers and colleagues in a professional and timely manner
- Weekly call reports detailing customer activities and relevant market information
- Weekly itineraries and expense reports submitted on time
- Forecast monthly and yearly sales to support planning process
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Marketing or Business Administration or other related major
- 5+ years of experience in technical sales in the manufacturing sector; combination of sales, technical and industrial experience will be considered (polyurethanes, commercial refrigeration, construction materials, seating, etc)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong negotiation, communication, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to travel up to 50% for customer meetings and other business activities
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive and accept a written offer of employment.