Account Manager, Carpet Cushion
Carpenter Co. is seeking an Account Manager to help us grow our Carpet Cushion Division in Jacksonville, FL and it's surrounding areas. This sales position will work out of a home office to maintain relationships with existing clients and generate new business in the territory.
We have been making carpet cushion from recycled materials since the 1960s. This is an opportunity to join a team committed to sustainability and enhancing the quality of people's lives.
- Identify and close on new Carpet Cushion business and increase customer base
- Develop and grow distributor accounts in order to further promote Carpenter products
- Arrange shipment schedules between the plant and the customer
- Plan and manage multiple tasks
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate and division goals
- Prepare periodic sales reports to track sales volume, potential sales, and client base expansion
- Review market analysis to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates
- Represent company at trade association meetings to promote our products
- Advise dealers, distributors, and clients concerning sales and advertising techniques
- This is a remote opportunity working from a home office. The territory for this position is Jacksonville, FL. Therefore, the selected candidate must reside in Jacksonville, FL or a surrounding area.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or a related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in selling flooring and/or industrial products
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills to interact with a variety of customers at all levels of an organization via in-person, telephone, and virtual conversations
- Must have basic computer skills and intermediate MS Office skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Successful record of working in an autonomous environment
- Ability to travel within the assigned territory (Avg. 4-6 overnights per month)
No agencies or phone calls
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic