Tool Crib Attendant
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for Tool Crib Attendant on 2nd Shift at our Elkhart, IN manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for requesting parts, maintaining stock levels and data entry for the CMMS System.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to be in constant communication with maintenance employees, coordinator, manager and production workers to supply goods as needed. Major challenges include working independently to keep paper work and customer needs taken care of with no supervision. Must have a good memory.
Additional responsibilities of the position will include:
- Must be able to interpret and use complicated drawings, using basic shop math, and handbook formulas.
- Must have the ability to be on call and report for work with little prior notice on weekends, holidays, and any hour of the day or night insuring there is the least amount of downtime as possible.
- Must be able to operate the CMMS computer system in SAP. Training will be given.
- Must be able to remember where items are stored, Work being done by maintenance.
- Must have good typing skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to maintain crib inventory levels and preform cycle counts.
- Must be very knowledgeable of the purchase order system and the parts needed to keep plant machinery operating.
- Must be a certified forklift, and know how to operate genie boom, and scissor lift.
- Must be able to work with production and operator to solve issues with the operation and improvement of production equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by management
Skills / Requirements
- 1 to 2 years of inventory/maintenance experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge is required.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Drug testing required.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
2nd Shift Hours: Typically 2pm – 10:30pm
Job Status: Full Time