Highest production pay rate at plant after certification! Plus an additional extra $1.00 per hour for working 2nd shift.
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Team Operator on 2nd shift [typically 12pm - 8 or 9pm] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for operating all equipment in the carpet cushion department while meeting production and quality standards for the department.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate both verbally and written with the department and supervisor. This position will also involve moving carpet cushion rolls which will require the safe operation of a forklift.
Additional responsibilities of the this position will include:
- Must be capable of learning to safely operate the Looper, Laminator, Windup, End sealer/Elevator, Bombay system, Baumer, Baler, Glue Guns, Forklift and rebond overhead crane.
- Must be able to use a decimal gauge and a tape measure.
- Must be able to frequently lift and maneuver carpet cushion rolls on and off the line weighing up to 80lbs.
- Must be able to label rolls and load Carpet Cushion rolls onto trucks
- Must be able to help with gluing carpet cushion slabs together and help with setups
- Will adhere to all Carpenter Co. Safety rules and guidelines
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree Preferred.
- One year manufacturing experience.
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Machine operator experience preferred.
- Computer knowledge required and SAP preferred.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic
Highest production pay rate at plant after certification. Extra $1.00 per hour for working 2nd shift.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
2nd Shift Hours: Typically 12pm- 8 or 9pm
Job Status: Full Time