Team Operator - 1st Shift - Elkhart, IN
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
- Operate all equipment and perform all required duties in the EPS Plant (all equipment and duties are listed below) while meeting efficiency and quality standards for the Plant. Collect appropriate data and document.
- Equipment: Expander/Block Mold, Main Cutting Line, Packaging Line, Small Cutting Line, CAD/Special Shapes Cutting Line, and Forklift.
- Duties: Load EPS (manually & mechanically) and perform Material Handler duties for the Cutting Lines.
- Coordinate daily production schedule.
Must run all EPS equipment safely & efficiently, perform loading & material handling duties safely & efficiently, and on a rotating basis. Ongoing communication with Plant Manager and all other employees.
Skills / Requirements
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
- Some previous machine operation experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred to perform the job. On the job training is provided.
- Some computer experience needed.
- This position requires a basic mathematical ability
- The ability to read and understand a tape measure (to 1/32” increments), spatial perception, and an ability to chronologically orient priorities.
- An in-house license is required for forklift operation.
- Mechanical aptitude is helpful.
Hours: 1st Shift. Typically 6:30 AM to 3:00 PM plus occasional Saturday work
Manages Others: No
Industry: Manufacturing, Chemical
Job Type: Manufacturing
Employment Type: Full-Time
Required Travel: No
Relocation available: No
Location: ELKHART, IN
ONLY LOCAL CANDIDATES PLEASE!
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Drug testing required.
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Job Status: Full Time