Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for an assembly line worker in the pillow department on 2nd shift [2pm - 10pm] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for running the stockinet machine.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to work within a normal production environment with interaction and communication with fellow employees, operator/lead person and area supervisor. This position also involves performing other positions in department including preparing and packaging pillows for shipment.
Additional Responsibilities of the Assembly Line Worker will include:
- Operate the stockinet machine
- Insure a steady flow of pillows downstream
- Safely move stockinet machines with the tugger
- Communicate any machine issues with the Department Supervisor, Maintenance, and/or other operators
- Operating the pillow stuffer
- Zip and bag pillows
- Fold and label boxes
- Run tape machine
- Stack finished goods boxes
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree Preferred.
- 1 year of manufacturing experience Preferred.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
2nd Shift Hours: Typically 2PM-10PM
Job Status: Full Time