Carpenter Co. has an exciting career opportunity available for a Staff Accountant at our corporate office in Richmond, VA. This is a great opportunity to join a thriving organization committed to operational excellence that offers stability, excellent benefits and a place to learn and grow professionally.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for providing accounting support on a product line basis. This position will analyze and maintain accounting oversight of product lines which will include preparation and analysis of reports, cost creation, financial analysis and frequent communication with various corporate departments, plant locations, and senior management.
- Verify accuracy of department financial statements on a monthly basis
- Prepare journal entries as needed to support the product line
- Prepare margin projections on a weekly basis
- Analyze and maintain quoting and production materials in the ERP systems for laminated mattress operations and the bedding quoting system
- Prepare weekly and monthly scheduling that analyzes the performance of various product lines
- Prepare monthly P&L analysis for review by management
- Establish, maintain and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures under the direction of the Senior Cost Accountant
- Prepare schedules for corporate distribution
- Ad hoc projects as required
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 1+ years of Accounting or costing experience
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written
- Ability to travel to plant locations up to 10%
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time