Spotter/Local CDL Class A Driver
Spotter/ Local Driver
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Spotter/Local Driver on 2nd shift (10AM - 6:30PM) at our Tupelo, MS manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for the timely movement of trailers to and from specific loading docks for the loading of finished products for delivery to external customers and the staging of loaded trailers in specific locations for over the road drivers to hook up to for delivery to external customer.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate daily with the dispatcher, security guards, production supervisory personnel, plant management and over the road drivers to make sure the appropriate loads of customer orders are pulled by the proper driver and delivered to the correct external customer. Works in a normal traffic department environment with exposure to temperature changes. May include and require local deliveries of product or products to customers’ location. Major challenges involve the safe operation of the equipment and the ability to back trailers into defined confined areas.
Additional responsibilities of this position will include:
- Must perform pre-trip checks on trailers to make sure the trailers are in compliance with Department of Transportation Requirements and Carpenter Company Standards.
- Must report all damage and unsafe conditions to management prior to trailers being released for shipment.
- Coordinates the movement of trailers with Transportation Manager, Dispatcher, Guards, and Drivers.
- Must safely move trailers as requested.
- Assist with work on the loading docks as requested.
- Assists the Garage personnel and drivers with fueling and cleaning equipment.
- Must know all the safety rules and regulations, attendance and conduct rules.
- Is responsible for the maintaining of cleanliness around the loading/docking area.
Skills / Requirements
- High school diploma or General Education Degree [GED] preferred.
- Must have a valid Class A CDL
- Must have at least 6 months to 1 year of driving experience
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Job Status: Full Time