Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Slitter Operator in our Bedding on 1st shift [6pm - 2pm] at our Elkhart, Indiana foam manufacturing plant. this position is responsible for the safe operation of the rail saw in the LMATT department.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain daily communication with Quality Control, Department Manager and other employees in the department to make sure that all products being manufactured will meet the requirements and specifications of the customer. This position is responsible for the operation of machinery that cuts, applies PCM spray coating, and packages foam bedding products.
Additional Responsibilities of the Slitter Operator:
- Creates and label all finish product and product that is determined to be stock.
- Uses order listing to determine sizes and amounts to cut.
- Operates foam slitters.
- Enters dimensions into control panel and sets other machine parameters.
- Verifies proper machine operations and checks output accuracy.
- Operates baler and ties bales.
- Wraps and packages product in polyurethane wrap.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree preferred.
- 3 months of manufacturing experience required.
- One year of machine operating experience preferred.
- Must be able to use computerized equipment in day to day operations and have computer knowledge.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
Shift Hours: 6am - 2pm
Job Status: Full Time