Sewing Machine Operator-3rd shift
Produce sewn materials for use with comfort cushioning products. Work with other production team members to ensure sewn products are properly joined, labeled and meet quality standards.
- Operate industrial sewing machines to include single needle, safety stitch/overlock, and walking foot machines.
- Sew cut fabric parts together to specifications.
- Track material and batch numbers.
- Affix all required law labels and warning labels.
- Verify quality of material. Identify fabric flaws and sewing flaws.
- Keep sewn pieces together by size/style and properly identified.
- Verify proper raw materials are utilized.
- Identify machine problems.
- Major duties and responsibilities of the job can be satisfactorily performed with a high school education or GED
- Substantial experience with industrial sewing operations necessary. Fabric cutting, pattern development and general production background would be helpful
- This position requires the ability to use measuring devices, spatial perception, and coordinated movements of the hands and feet
No phone calls or agencies, please. Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time