This position is responsible for the operation of machinery that cuts and packages foam bedding products. Communicates with department manager and lead person for direction of material needing to be cut. This position needs to be efficient in the operation of several pieces of equipment within the department to determine the best material utilization.
*Must be able to communicate verbally and written with the department and supervisor.
- Creates and label all finish product and product that is determined to be stock.
- Uses order listing to determine sizes and amounts to cut.
- Operates foam slitters.
- Enters dimensions into control panel and sets other machine parameters.
- Verifies proper machine operations and checks output accuracy.
- Operates baler and ties bales.
- Wraps and packages product in polyurethane wrap.
Skills / Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree Preferred.
- One year manufacturing experience.
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Drug testing required.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
2nd Shift Hours: Typically 2pm- 10pm, usually with OT hours & Saturdays
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Manufacturing
Manages Others: No
Industry: Manufacturing, Chemical, Consumer Products
Required Travel: None
Job Status: Full Time