Carpenter Co. has a rewarding opportunity for a Safety Manager at our Conover, NC plant to support both Division and Corporate safety goals and objectives. This is a great opportunity for a someone hoping to make a career in health and safety!
- Provide leadership to Division management to ensure compliance with S/H Standards, Company Policies and the prevention of occupational injuries/illnesses and associated WC costs
- Assess the adequacy and effectiveness of existing safety, industrial hygiene, and occupational health programs in the Division
- Identify and mitigate S/H risks; Analyzing data to develop conclusions, trends, and the identification of opportunities for improvement
- Audit existing work practices to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, tracking and reporting on non-conformances and corrective actions.
- Provide leadership to management in the performance of incident investigation of injuries/illnesses
- Develop, maintain, and conduct S/H training for mangers, supervisors, employees, and new hires
- Coordinate the reporting and follow-up on all safety related activities
- Manage the WC Program including reporting, claims administration with adjuster and documentation to ensure compliance with State WC Statutes
- Perform other duties as required to ensure sustainable compliance and continuous improvement in S/H
Skills / Requirements
Qualified applicants should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent health and safety experience.
- Some experience in health and safety, preferred, but not required
- Ability to interact well with all levels of the organization and maintain strong relationships with team members, peers and internal customers
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both oral and written
- Direct experience with employee health and safety compliance, OSHA standards, safety management systems, industrial hygiene, electrical safety, laser safety, chemical management and ergonomics.
- Functional knowledge of Federal and State Safety/Health Laws (e.g. OSHA)
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel. Experience working with SAP
- Prior experience managing Worker’s Compensation claims is preferred
No phone calls or agencies please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time