Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Receptionist at our Lakeland, FL manufacturing plant. The successful candidate will be expected to perform the duties of the main switchboard operator and provide general clerical and administrative support.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The Receptionist will be expected to have constant contact with applicants, vendors and customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
Additional responsibilities of the Receptionist will include:
- Answering telephone calls
- Screening and directing calls
- Taking and relaying messages
- Greeting applicants, vendors, and customers entering the organization
- Logging in and distributing incoming / outgoing FAX transmittals
- Keeping all files updated for visitor's log and onsite agreements
- Handling incoming and outgoing mail
- Handling UPS shipments and close out end of day.
- Mailing of customer invoices
- Calculating figures for freight bills
- Supporting other departments, as needed
- Other job duties as assigned
Skills and Requirements:
- A high school diploma or GED
- One year switchboard/receptionist experience
- Knowledge of computer and software programs
- High attention to detail
- Customer service skills
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time