Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a Purchasing Specialist at our corporate office in Richmond, Virginia. The Purchasing Specialist will report to the Purchasing Manager and will compile information and records to prepare for the procurement of various goods and services, including office supplies, chemicals, facility management, maintenance and raw materials. In conjunction with the Purchasing Manager, this individual will be responsible for assisting with forecasting for future purchasing needs. Additionally, the Purchasing Specialist will gather, review and analyze supplier information, chemical and raw material pricing, and purchase orders.
The successful candidate will have strong analytical skills, as well as a keen attention to detail and the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
Additional responsibilities of the Purchasing Specialist:
- Searches raw material and chemical inventory records to determine if material on hand is sufficient quantity
- Verifies nomenclature and specifications of purchase orders
- Type purchase orders and send copies to supplier and department originating request
- Review and compare price lists from chemical suppliers
- National Account Management; review invoice statements, price list comparison, and analyze plant purchasing history on miscellaneous inventory items (i.e. tools, etc.)
- Raw material reporting; review open raw material purchase orders for accuracy and inventory levels. Maintain records of inbound deliveries for all foreign freight shipments
- Monthly reconciliation of company purchasing cards
- Review monthly Delta Energy invoices for accuracy
- Review weekly reporting form Delta Energy and maintain open communication with locations not submitting proper documentation
- Review Corporate Purchases orders monthly to determine what is outstanding and communicate with the proper departments internally.
Skills / Requirements
- Associate degree, required
- 2-4 years of prior purchasing experience
- General understanding of supply chain procedures
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Excellent analytical skills
- SAP experience, preferred
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time