Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift - Elkhart, IN
Carpenter Co. has an excellent opportunity available for Production Supervisor. This position is responsible for organizing, directing, and monitoring all aspects of production in assigned department, assisting in other departments as needed. Direct Supervisory responsibility for employees and production.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
- Involved in daily production planning.
- Supervise production personnel.
- Responsible for overseeing quality in the department.
- Coordinate daily production schedule.
- Responsible for training.
- Responsible for completing customer orders efficiently and to customer specifications while keeping overtime hours at a minimum.
- Responsible for proper equipment operation and to ensure all Preventive Maintenance Programs are being followed and completed.
- Responsible for safety and that all safety policies and rules are being followed.
- Responsible for implementing all company policies and guidelines.
- Responsible for housekeeping per value of order.
- Responsible for setting standards and monitor to ensure they are being met.
- Demonstrate appropriate leadership behavior.
- Coordinate with shipping and/or production to ensure timely loading of product.
Skills / Requirements
- Two years’ Supervisory experience required to perform the job.
- Mechanical experience or aptitude to aid in diagnosing and trouble shooting machines on the line.
- Injection molding and/or chemical experience preferred.
- Some PC background, good communication skills, must be able to read a tape measure, and fork lift training.
- Able to delegate duties and responsibilities effectively, as well as to monitor and direct several separate processes.
- Ability to function under pressure is essential
Hours: 2nd Shift. Typically 2 PM to 11 PM plus occasional Saturday work
Employment Type: Full-Time
Exemption: Salaried Exempt
Job Type: Management
Manages Others: Yes
Industry: Manufacturing, Chemical
Required Travel: Minimal
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Drug testing required
Job Status: Full Time