Production Operator-3rd Shift
The production operator will be responsible for learning all aspects of the Laminated Mattress Line, which includes its machinery. A constant flow of material must be maintained as well as efficient use of materials.Communicate daily with department lead and all levels of management.
- Operate all laminated mattress equipment
- Document all necessary lot numbers in computer
- Cover, package and label finished product
- Assist in the assembly of the laminated mattresses
- Understand how to read and interpret a tape measure
- Read and understand tasking labels and block tags
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Navigate through and understand production schedules
- Communicate with material handler for needed blocks
- Have knowledge of all foam types and bed builds
- Use RF Scanners to scan material for consumption and shipping
- Be able to navigate a computer daily
- Run the baler and wire bales
- Pull stock from “super market” to meet schedules
- Bale all top and bottom skins from blocks
- Maintain specification log books for mattresses
- Major duties and responsibilities of the job can be satisfactorily performed with a high school education or GED
- Three to six months experience required to perform the job.
- This position requires basic math skills, ability to read a tape measure and read a production task sheet.
- Previous manufacturing experience with precision cutting machines preferred.
- A minimum of 90 days on the job training to correctly perform these tasks.
No phone calls or agencies, please. Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time