Product Stewardship Manager
Carpenter Co has an exciting career opportunity for a Product Stewardship Manager at our Reinhart Technical Center located in Richmond, VA. This position will focus on providing regulatory support and guidance for all of Carpenter Co.’s product lines, both chemical and finished products, including Safety Data Sheet (SDS) requirements, regulatory requirements, and responding to customer inquiries. In addition, this role will serve as the primary resource for our Product Divisions and Manufacturing locations regarding global chemical regulatory requirements for manufacturing, distribution, and sale of products.
This challenging position offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits and the opportunity to join a stable and thriving organization committed to excellence!
- Manage product stewardship activities for Carpenter Co.’s product lines
- Primary resource product regulatory requiremetns to include labling and hazard communications
- Monitor and maintain compliance with US and International chemical regulatory requirements
- Key resource for product safety questions and work with R&D personnel to establish development protocols
- Assists Safety and Health team on product and raw material questions as needed
Skills / Requirements
- 5+ years of Product Stewardship or Industrial Hygiene experience within the manufacturing industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Environmental Science, or Industrial Hygiene required
- Master’s degree in a related discipline is preferred
- Experience with SDS preparation, chemical labeling, and chemical data reporting requirements
- Prior coursework or industrial experience with Toxicology is preferred
- Knowledge of Responsible Care Product Safety Code preferred
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) certification is preferred
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time is required
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time