Carpenter Co. has a great career opportunity available for a Process Engineer at our Technical Center located in Richmond, Virginia. This position will focus on process improvements related to the effectiveness and efficiency of reactors in the pilot plant. This will include creating control logics for temperature, moving control logic to a new software platform and upgrading controls.
The Process Engineer will partner with the internal Controls Engineers to ensure all reactors are operating at peak performance.
- Improve the uptime and efficiency of the reactors in the pilot plant by maintaining and upgrading the controls systems.
- Create control logic for temperature in two reactors operating under exothermic conditions.
- Move the control logic for a reactor to a new software platform to improve both the system robustness and the overall capabilities.
- Upgrade the controls for a reactor currently using a Siemens platform. This may involve modifying in Siemens or moving to a different platform.
- Model chemical processes for the Chemical R&D Group using Aspen or other available software packages. These processes include the syntheses of both polyether and polyester polyols.
- Gain familiarity with the controls (Delta V based) for our Houston-based chemical plant and investigate re-applying applicable logic to pilot plant operations.
- Work with the Engineering Controls group to gain familiarity with plant controls projects and get involved where applicable.
Skills / Requirements
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering
- Programming aptitude
- Aspen software experiencePreferred Qualifications
- Industrial controls experience, preferred
- Siemens programming knowledge, preferred
No phone calls or agencies, please. Drug testing required.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time