Carpenter Co. has a great career opportunity available for a Process Engineer at our Technical Center located in Richmond, Virginia. This position will focus on providing design and new process development support between the technical center and the chemical plant. In this role, the incumbent will review, perform and test chemical processes at the pilot plant. Additionally, the Process Engineer will be responsible for documenting process findings and recommending improvements as required.
- Formulating, evaluating, and optimizing chemical formulations for performance, chemical compatibility, and cost.
- Documenting research findings in report format.
- Identifying new process equipment or modifications to existing equipment to enable or improve the production of chemical blends.
- Developing a working knowledge of new and existing equipment and communicating this knowledge in the form of written work instructions, diagrams, or visual presentations.
- Developing a preventative maintenance program for new and existing equipment in a large-scale foam and chemicals processing laboratory.
- Troubleshooting process equipment issues at Carpenter or customer sites.
Skills / Requirements
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet, and visual presentation software (MS Office)
- Mechanical aptitude
- Pilot plant and/or manufacturing experience, preferred
- Experience operating and troubleshooting process equipment, preferred
No phone calls or agencies, please. Drug testing required.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Job Status: Full Time